Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Product Review: Mini Ref

I've been seeing these mini fridge online for sometime now whatever the sales platform might be - Facebook Marketplace, Lazada, Shopee etc. I've been thinking of getting one for 2 to 3 years but was hesitant due to 2 facts - first, it's not branded so if your unit gets busted, no fixing it probably and second it does say in yhe review it doesn't really get cold so I thought, I guess I won't have a mini ref in my room unless I free up space for the usual 3 to 4 cu ft one.

Then last year, amid the scorching heat of Philippinr summers I noticed all my face creams and serums are changing consistency. Aaaah! Que horor! So I decided to finally get one and repurpose it not for food and drinks as advertised but for my makeup and face creams. I ordered one via Shopee. Looked for a seller with a handful good reviews and purchased the unit for P2,000. Again, not branded and various sellers have it with a wide range of prices but same look and feel of the item (at least in the photos).

The unit arrived promptly and came with 2 types of power supply. It can either be plugged into a regular 220v socket or used with the 5v (?) socket in a car. I plugged it and waited for a couple of hours. 

Did it become cooler? Yes! Not by a lot though, a good 16° to 20° C from my assumption. Para kang nasa harap ng aircon. 

 Is the build sturdy enough? The body is good and solid. The locking mechanism is quite simple but needs a gentle push, it's not like your regular ref tgat is magnetized. All external and internal body is plastics so easy to clean, I just wipe it with a wet tissue. The rack/divider inside though is quite flimsy and was bent a bit after holder some face creams. Good thing some of my bottles are a tight fit under so it kinds provides extra support from under so don't put anything heavy there or find a metal plate and measure it up against the size to change that part up.

Another thing to consider, remember regular refrigerators have a small bucket sometimes at the back for the condensation? Cos everytime to open the unit, hot and humid air gets trapped inside. Add the cold temp inside and this causes condensation to appear. In short, be prepared to find little puddles of water inside. I just wipe it with tissue or I line with tissue and change it up once a week.


Glad to say I have been using it for more than a year now. My face creams and serums love it. I also placed some of my medical ointments there as well as my face masks which is a great hack especially when you need to look fresh and you don't have ant cucumbers around for your eyes. Leave the face mask overnight inside the mini ref, use it the following morning and the cold mask will help brighten your face up! True story.


So there, you can use this for chocolates, canned drinks (only because I think aluminum will get colder better) and make-up/beauty products.

Body and built - 4/5 (because of the flimsy divider)
Efficacy - 4/5 (-1 only bec of the problem with condensation)
Look and feel - 5/5 soooo cute!
Ease of use - 5/5 (just plug it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment